Would you like to be a Pioneer, but canít afford it?
I use this website to teach you FREE, how you can build your own continuous income in two weekends, so you can be a pioneer, help others and help the planet too.
The U.S. Federal government provides much valuable information on small wind-electric systems. Such as: Wind Powering America, .pdf and Wikipedia. However, these are for bladed designs that arenít very efficient, but valuable none the less. The Federal law governing the purchase of produced power is the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 as ammended, also in 2005, which is also covered in this .pdf file.The big difference is not only in physical efficiency, but in installation cost. They claim $32,000. We expect to produce a viable FloppyMill for $100 with free labor for the FloppyMill itself, plus the price of an AC motor big enough to produce income. This can be second hand, as long as it works.
I'll try to keep you informed as best I can, but don't let that hold you back.
You don't have to power a whole city, just enough to be practical for you. The power companies have goals using alternative energy. You can help them meet them. Don't fight them, but work with them as best you can.
How the FloppyMill works
How to make the FloppyMill earn income:
- Arrange to be paid from the Power Company for electricity your efforts generate
- Obtain materials and tools inexpensively at your chosen location, ($100 to $1000 depending on how good you are at buying.)
- Pour the tiny foundation
- Paint the Wind Paddles pretty
- Build the FloppyMill windmill according to my FREE instructions
- Next weekend, Raise the FloppyMill
- Have your electrician and the Power Company hook it up
- Let the wind blow
- Generate electricity for Free
- Get a check from the Power Company
- Send me pictures and experiences
- Retire and have a beer.
- Forty feet (12 m) above most places where you may live the wind blows most of the time, with enough energy to earn you a good living without having to work much of the time! So you can do whatís more important.
- Every time you see a tall tree or a flag wiggling in the beeze, know that that location could provide enough money for you to retire, and do what you really wish, and have a beer too.
- It can not only help you and others, but the planet too.
- Iím handicapped, old, and stuck in a home. But I can help you if youíll let me. I have been a licensed commercial electronic engineer since 1965. Iím a scientist with a PhD in physics. And I have been a Home Builder and Contractor since the '70s. So I know what Iím talking about. I am now retired, and my needs are taken care of, so you wonít have to pay me a cent for start up. It's free to sign up.
- Recently the power produced by an Alternative Energy has become popular in the U.S. and some other places, especially because of global warming.
- That wind can produce electric power, even when youíre not there. And you can be paid for it! There is a U.S. Federal law that says they have to buy it, if you do it right. Even on the outlining islands where U.S. Federal law is in effect. Read all Iíve prepared for you, contact your local power company, and check out what I say.
- If they are non-cooperative, simply use a 110v motor/generator, plug it into an ordinary outlet, and it will subtract from your electric bill at RETAIL rates! Donít let it go past the most recent reading.
- You may even be able to become their competition selling electric power to your neighbors at just a little less than they do, and take away their customers.
- But they realize the potential, so I suspect they will cooperate. Law or no law. However, they only pay wholesale, but that should be enough. However, you do have to purchase their double-reading power meter and have an electrician hook it up.
- Efficiencies: Those big 3-bladed wind mills, you see pictures of, are poorly designed, so are the old fashioned water pumping windmills, even the old ones in Holland.
- In a theoretical ideal machine only ď(59.3%) of the kinetic energy of the wind, [that hits the blades, can] be captured. This Betz' law limit can be approached by modern turbine designs which may reach 70 to 80% of this theoretical limit.Ē (Wikipedia)
- ďTypical modern wind turbines have diameters of 40 to 90 metres (130 to 300 ft) and are rated between 500 kW and 2 MW. As of 2011 the most powerful turbine Enercon_E-126 is rated at 7.5 MW.Ē (Wikipedia)
- That calculates into 13,273 sq. ft. of swept area, but it only captures at most about 7% of it or 929.11 sq. ft. The rest of the wind blows between the blades! Thatís why they usually want you to buy a whole line of them.
- And you have to hire ďTurbine CowboysĒ to climb up and maintain them.
- At $1.3 million for each windmill, itís quite a sales project!
- What if you could build one yourself for $100 or certainly less than $1000?
- It may not produce that much power, but enough to supply you with a good, continuous income?
- And, capture nearly 32 sq. ft. of wind from your back yard?
- I call it a "FloppyMill" because it flops back and forth, always presenting its down side to the wind on one side of the vertical shaft, while the opposite paddle is up out of the way of the wind. Then when the shaft comes around, it flops so the other paddle is presented to the wind on the same side of the vertical shaft, and the first one is up and out of the way. Yet, both sides weigh the same so it's balanced. The full sized one should use 4x8 exterior plywood or waferboard sheets to crank itself around.
- Its flopping action is wind operated, and gravity pulls it to the center-balanced position, but when the wind blows, the side going down is forward, and the side going up is back. 4 optional angle irons may be needed, welded to the horizontal shaft.
- If the vertical shaft is threded steel pipe, to keep from unscrewing, the down side needs to be forward on the left, and the upside back on the right, as shown. In the illistration, when viewed from the top, it turns clockwise, using wind from any direction.
- All of its electronic components are at ground level where they are easy to work on, so you don't need Turbine Cowboys.
- Made from:
a. at least 2 4x8 sheets of CDX exterior plywood or wafer board
b. 1 gallon of paint
c. 40 feet of 3-inch plastic sewer pipe and pipe glue
d. 1 pipe Tee
e. a two bearings and epoxie cement for horizontal bearings, these can be second hand.
f. 1 piece of 3-inch square tubing 17 feet long
g. guy wire
h. at least 6 guy wire stakes, 8 optional
i. A Big Turnbuckel for each guy wire.
j. a second hand AC electric motor for the voltage you intend to generate
k. a circuit braker and box, with some wire
l. a special electric meter, and base with connecting pipe
m. 4 casters, and a little metal work
n. a second hand automobile wheel
o. a little concrete and rebar for the base
p. 3 pulleys
q. 3 pipe connectors
r. and whatever the power company requires at your location.
- Price it out where you live.
- You can show this website to the power company and your friends too.
- Still interested?
- Is it worth a couple of weekends?
- Take a look at the picture.
- Could you build a model, not only to see how it works, but to test the wind where you wish to place a big one?
Master Alternative Energy Index
There may be a lot to read, because I've written much of my life's work for you. But it's worth it to you. Pick out the articles you like, from the over 200 I've provided.
More information on the FloppyMill
Thanks for your interest.
Contact Dr. Hait